Current Open Positions
The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Ann Arbor is currently accepting submissions for the following position. Please send a resume and cover letter to RMHCAA Administrative Manager Kathy Baum at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Development Specialist
Status: Part Time/Non Exempt Employee
The primary responsibility of the Development Specialist is to maintain the development database including data entry, gift recording and acknowledgement, gift reporting, and maintenance of prospect and donor data. H/she will also assist in general clerical duties and project-based work as needed. Reports To Director of Development
Essential Job Functions:
* Maintain up-to-date donor files. Manage donor information and acknowledgment system to ensure accurate record-keeping and timely donor recognition.
* Manage data base, including data entry, data clean up and organization of data.
* Under direction of the Development Director ensure effective utilization of the donor database, including the creation of list and reports that will be used to support and analyze development efforts.
* Assist in preparation of donor queries, written acknowledgement letters and other donor literature.
* Help maintain compliance with state and federal laws governing non-profit solicitation and tax deduction records for donors.
* As needed, assist with execution of social media platform.
* As needed, assist with organizing, planning and/or executing RMHCAA special events and third-party/community events.
* Conduct tours for new or prospective donors, volunteers and community members as needed.
* Assist with preparing monthly e-newsletters, bi-yearly printed newsletter, and solicitation materials.
* Perform other duties incidental to the work outlined in this position description as requested by the Director of Development.
* Contribute to RMHCAA team efforts by maintaining positive, supportive and flexible working relationships with fellow staff and volunteers in the mutual pursuit of providing comfort and care to families of seriously ill or injured children being served by RMHCAA.
Education and Experience: (An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.)
* Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* Minimum of three years office experience, preferably in a non-profit setting or other related field.
* Experience working in a fund raising department strongly preferred.
* Prior experience with database entry and management, preferably for a not for profit organization required.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people and personalities.
* Flexible, diplomatic, trustworthy, creative, poised and professional.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Exceed and social media.
* Demonstrated ability to handle donor and personal information with tact and sensitivity, in a confidential manner.
* Ability to work independently and self-initiate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.)
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
* Willingness to dive into the details, with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment.
* A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
* Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of organization.
* A team player who is committed to lifelong learning.
Work Environment: (Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, must be available to work irregular hours and occasional weekends. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Ability to travel throughout the Ann Arbor area is required.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Light sedentary office work. Frequently required to sit.
* Physically able to travel between RMHCAA locations and others via personal vehicle or similar.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear.
* Must be physically capable of carrying 35 lbs.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.