The volunteer Dinner Group program has been temporarily suspended to help ensure the health of our families. However, here are a few ways you can support our families with meals:
1) Please consider making a cash donation to our “Meals Matter” program. These funds allow us to order dinners, purchase groceries, and provide vouchers to the hospital’s cafeterias.
2) Arrange for a meal to be delivered to the House. In order to minimize risk to our families, we are asking the community to serve our families in a different way. You can provide a meal to families by having food delivered from a local restaurant. To choose a date and make arrangements, please call the RMHCAA office at (734) 994-4442 and select “1” for the main office.
3) Provide restaurant gift cards. A donation of a $25 gift card allows families to order a meal at their convenience, and is a special treat during this difficult time in their lives. Cards from restaurants that deliver to the House allows them to stay close to their child. Gift cards can be mailed to the House at 1600 Washington Hts., Ann Arbor, MI 48104. Gift card purchased online can be emailed to RMHCAA’s Family Services Coordinator Stacey Laho at email@example.com.
We hope to someday be able to return to our volunteer Dinner Group Program described in the info below. Stay tuned!
When you make dinner for the families at our Main House you are providing so much more than a meal. Our families tell us that the dinners give them….
- something to look forward to
- a break from the hospital and time to connect with other families
- fresh food and a variety of meals
- a feeling of comfort and being cared for and supported
Gather your friends or family and choose an available date using the calendar below. Making a dinner is also a great bonding activity for business groups and co-workers. We have a meeting space available for your group to meet or do some team building during the time our families eat dinner, from 6-7 p.m.
We ask that you limit your group size to 8-10 people at a time, age 16 years and older to maintain the restful atmosphere at the House. Meal preparation includes planning the menu, shopping for food, prepping and cooking on site, and then cleaning up afterwards. Please plan to cook for 35-40 people. Food may be provided from a retail setting if prepared in a licensed kitchen, properly packaged and marked with expiration dates. (Please talk to the RMHCAA dinner group coordinator if you have questions regarding this.)
Parking is available in our lot, however space is limited. When possible, carpooling is suggested.
Before planning your dinner, please review the dinner group packet Dinner Group Packet for more information. In addition, here is a link to our Dinner Group Introduction Video https://youtu.be/LuTVnzAoDdc which may answer any questions you have.
Below is our dinner group calendar. If you see a date that hasn’t yet been assigned to a group, you may submit a request for that date Dinner Group Sign Up. You will also be asked to provide two other date options. You will then receive a confirmation email verifying your date.
If you have any technical difficulties signing up for a dinner group, please contact RMHCAA’s Volunteer Coordinator Stacey Laho at firstname.lastname@example.org.