Contribute Your Time
Become a volunteer
The Ronald McDonald House Charities Ann Arbor is an independent, non-profit organization. As such, we rely on, and are grateful for, the time and effort of volunteers who serve in a variety of capacities at both the Main House and the Mott House.
We have shift volunteers during the day and evening. They are assigned two-hour project-based opportunities every other week. These shifts occur daily during the hours of 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Main House Volunteer Projects
- Stocking and organization of linen closets
- Pantry donation organization and shelving of donations
- Pop tabs shed organization and filling collection bags
- Stocking and organization of paper products for the kitchen and dining room.
- Assembling Welcome bags and RMH From Our House to Yours bags
- Assembling toiletry kits as well as sorting toiletry donations
Hospitality a la Carte Volunteers
This unique program relies on volunteers to circulate the Hospitality Carte on patient floors of University of Michigan Health C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital to provide comfort care items to caregivers of the patients. Volunteers will work with a partner and are a assigned a 2-hour, bi-weekly shift Monday through Friday from 3:30-5:30 p.m. or 6-8 p.m.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- Volunteers need to complete a volunteer application and interview. A background check and proof of vaccination for COVID-19 are required.
- Volunteers may be asked to take ongoing training as needed
Minimum Time Commitment
- Community residents: one year
- Students: two consecutive semesters (eight months)
Training is scheduled with the volunteer coordinator and occurs on the volunteer’s shift. Other trainings may be required.