Contribute Your Time
Become a volunteer
The Ronald McDonald House Charities Ann Arbor is an independent, non-profit organization. As such, we rely on the time and efforts of volunteers who serve in a variety of capacities at both the Main House and the Mott House. Volunteering has resumed, but there are limited opportunities.
We have shift volunteers during the day and evening. They are assigned two-hour project-based opportunities every other week. These shifts occur daily during the hours of 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Main House Volunteer Projects
- Stocking and organization of linen closets
- Pantry donation organization and shelving of donations
- Pop tabs shed organization and filling collection bags
- Stocking and organization of paper products for the kitchen and dining room.
- Assembling Welcome bags and RMH From Our House to Yours bags
- Assembling toiletry kits as well as sorting toiletry donations
Hospitality Ala Carte Volunteers
When we resume this program, volunteers will circulate the Carte on patient floors of C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital to provide needed items to the caregivers of the patient. Volunteers will work with a partner and are a assigned a three-hour bi-weekly shift between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Transport inventory from RMH Main to the hospital
- Stocking the Carte and cabinet
- Maintaining inventory of supplies
- Record inventory distribution
- Circulate the Carte on assigned floors
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- Volunteers need to complete a volunteer application and background check as well as provide proof of vaccination for flu and COVID-19. Upon receipt of the above you will be contacted for an interview with the Program Services Manager
- Volunteers are required to take ongoing training as needed
- Volunteers are required to wear a badge at all times
Minimum Time Commitment
- Community residents: one year
- Students: two consecutive semesters (eight months)
Training is scheduled with the volunteer coordinator and occurs on the volunteer’s shift. Other trainings may be required.