Hospitality a la Carte Program
Ronald McDonald House Charities Ann Arbor (RMHCAA) serves over 1,200 families each year. We recognize there are many families staying at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital that we are not able to serve at our Houses. To help meet their needs, RMHCAA offers the Hospitality a la Carte program, which enables us to serve even more families. The Carte was made possible by a donation to RMHC Global from the McDonald’s Hispanic Owner Operator Association. The Carte provides comfort items to the parents and caregivers of the child receiving treatment who are not current guests of RHHCAA.
We are currently accepting donations of items for the cart. For a complete list of items needed, view our hospitalitycartewishlist
Hospitality a la Carte Volunteers: Volunteers are assigned a three-hour shift on a bi-weekly basis to circulate the Hospitality a la Carte to C.S. Mott patient floors to provide a variety of donated items to the parents/caregivers of patients.
Volunteer Activities include:
- Stocking the Hospitality a la Carte
- Circulating the Hospitality a la Carte to patient floors
- Recording the inventory of cart contents
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- Volunteers must complete a RMHCAA VolunteerApplication (1) and interview with the Volunteer & Support Services Coordinator
- Volunteers need to complete the Michigan Medicine Volunteer Services process
- Volunteers need to be trained by Michigan Medicine on patients cart instructions
- Volunteers are required to wear a name badge and RMHC apron at all times
Minimum Time Commitment
- Community residents: one year
- Students: two consecutive semesters
- Shifts are available Monday through Friday with varying shift times
- Volunteers will be trained by Michigan Medicine on patient cart instructions
- Volunteers will be trained on cart stocking and circulating
If you are interested in volunteering, please submit a VolunteerApplication (1) and return it to: Stacey Laho, Ronald McDonald House Charities Ann Arbor, 1600 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. You may also email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the volunteer program, please contact Volunteer & Support Services Coordinator, Stacey Laho at (734) 998-2103 or by email at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you and having you join our volunteer team!