Hospitality a la Carte Program
We know how stressful it is to have an ill child and to wait for their medical appointments or services. On a daily basis, there are many families visiting Michigan Medicine C. S. Mott Children’s Hospital who spend many hours. To help meet their needs, RMHCAA is excited to introduce the Hospitality a la Carte program, which enables us to serve even more families. The cart was made possible by a donation to RMHC Global from the McDonald’s Hispanic Owner Operator Association.
The cart will provide comfort items; things a family might need when they have a long wait. We are currently accepting donations of items for the cart. For a complete list of items needed, view our hospitality cart wishlist (1)
Hospitality a la Carte Volunteers: Volunteers are assigned a three-hour shift on either a weekly or bi-weekly basis to circulate the Hospitality a la Carte to C.S. Mott patient floors to provide a variety of donated items to the families.
- Stock the Hospitality a la Carte
- Circulate Hospitality a la Carte to patient floors
- Record inventory of cart contents
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- Volunteers must complete a RMHCAA VolunteerApplication (1) and interview with the Volunteer & Support Services Coordinator
- Volunteers need to complete the Michigan Medicine Volunteer Services process
- Volunteers need to be trained by Michigan Medicine on patients cart instructions
- Volunteers are required to wear a name badge and red apron at all times
Minimum Time Commitment
- Community residents: one year
- Students: two consecutive semesters
- Shifts are available seven days a week from 12 noon to 3 p.m.
- Volunteers will be trained by Michigan Medicine on patient cart instructions
- Volunteers will be trained on cart stocking and circulating
If you are interested in volunteering, please submit a VolunteerApplication (1) and return it to: Stacey Laho, Ronald McDonald House Charities Ann Arbor, 1600 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. You may also email it to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the volunteer program, please contact Volunteer & Support Services Coordinator, Stacey Laho at (734) 998-2103.
We look forward to hearing from you and having you join our volunteer team!