The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Ann Arbor is an independent, non-profit organization. As such, we rely on the time and efforts of volunteers who serve in a variety of capacities at both the Ronald McDonald House of Ann Arbor and the Ronald McDonald House at Mott. We have shift volunteers during the day and evening. They are assigned a three-hour shift every other week. These shifts occur daily during the hours of 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- Understand and practice confidentiality
- Physically able to perform light housekeeping and office tasks
- Willing to share time, skills and talents
- Possess qualities of friendliness, dependability, compassion, and flexibility
- Able to pass a background check
- Greet new families
- Provide House orientation tours to new families
- Light cleaning and stocking of supplies
- Assisting families at checkout
- Prep bedrooms for new families
- Perform office-related tasks
- Receive and process in-kind donations
- Assist with special events, projects, and fundraising
- Able to commit to at least a biweekly, three-hour shift per month for at least one year or two consecutive semesters (for students)
- Provide coverage or adequate notice to Volunteer Coordinator, if unable to attend a scheduled shift
- Shifts daily: 9:00-12:00 p.m.; 12:00-3:00 p.m., 3:00-6:00 p.m.; 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Initial interview and House tour with Volunteer Coordinator
- Read Volunteer Training Guide
- On-site training during first scheduled shift
- Continuous learning through on-the-job experience
If you are interested in volunteering, please print out the Volunteer Application and Criminal Records Check below and return it to the Volunteer Coordinator, Ronald McDonald House, 1600 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. You may also e-mail it to email@example.com, or fax to (734) 994-4919. If you have any questions about our volunteer program, please call us at (734) 994-4442 or via e-mail.
We look forward to hearing from you and having you join our volunteer team!