Due to the COVID-19 health crisis and in an effort to help ensure the health and well-being of our families, RMHCAA’s volunteer program has been temporarily suspended. Please check back later for information regarding its status.
The Ronald McDonald House Charities Ann Arbor is an independent, non-profit organization. As such, we rely on the time and efforts of volunteers who serve in a variety of capacities at both the Main House and the Mott House. We have shift volunteers during the day and evening. They are assigned a three-hour shift every other week. These shifts occur daily during the hours of 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Greeting and assisting with family check-in
- Light housekeeping and stocking of supplies
- Assisting families at check-out
- Perform office related tasks
- Receiving donations
- Hosting dinner groups
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- Volunteers need to complete a volunteer application and interview with the Volunteer & Support Services Coordinator
- Volunteers are required to take ongoing training as needed
- Volunteers are required to wear a badge at all times
Minimum Time Commitment
- Community residents: one year
- Students: two consecutive semesters (eight months)
- Shifts are available seven days a week in the following time slots: 9 am -12 noon 12 noon – 3 pm 3 pm – 6 p.m 6 pm – 9 pm
- Training is scheduled with the volunteer, and often occurs on the volunteer’s shift. Other trainings may be required.
If you have any questions about the volunteer program, please contact Family Services Coordinator, Stacey Laho at email@example.com.