The Ronald McDonald House Charities Ann Arbor is an independent, non-profit organization. As such, we rely on the time and efforts of volunteers who serve in a variety of capacities at both the Main House and the Mott House. We have shift volunteers during the day and evening. They are assigned a three-hour shift every other week. These shifts occur daily during the hours of 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Greeting and assisting with family check-in
- Light housekeeping and stocking of supplies
- Assisting families at check-out
- Perform office related tasks
- Receiving donations
- Hosting dinner groups
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- Volunteers need to complete a volunteer application and interview with the Volunteer & Support Services Coordinator
- Volunteers are required to take ongoing training as needed
- Volunteers are required to wear a badge at all times
Minimum Time Commitment
- Community residents: one year
- Students: two consecutive semesters (eight months)
- Shifts are available seven days a week in the following time slots: 9 am -12 noon 12 noon – 3 pm 3 pm – 6 p.m 6 pm – 9 pm
- Training is scheduled with the volunteer, and often occurs on the volunteer’s shift. Other trainings may be required.
If you are interested in volunteering, please submit a VolunteerApplication (1) and return it to: Stacey Laho, Ronald McDonald House Charities Ann Arbor, 1600 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. You may also e-mail it to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the volunteer program, please contact Volunteer & Support Services Coordinator, Stacey Laho at (734) 998-2103.
We look forward to hearing from you and having you join our volunteer team!